[time-nuts] Some GPS performance plots

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Wed Nov 3 12:46:32 EST 2004

Hi John:

Years ago I tested the Oncore VP+ and found the sawtooth had glitches.
But I did make the correction two ways.
The software approach was to measure the time interval via HP-IB and the
saw tooth via RS-232, then use the PC to apply the sawtooth prior to
plotting or recording the data.

The hardware approach was to use a PIC to read the sawtooth value and
then program a digital delay chip placed in line with the 1 PPS output.
As far as I can remember the chips came with 1 or 1/2 nanosecond steps
and by starting half way you could get positive or negative sawtooth
values.

But they both caused poorer results with the VP+ because there was a bug
in the sawtooth data.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke, N6GCE

--