[time-nuts] Cesium DOES Drift, not

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Wed Apr 20 12:32:34 EDT 2005

Hi Rick:

I agree.

It's just that my FTS4060 IS drifting.
The Excel equation and fit for a month of data as of this morning are:
y = -1.2954x2 + 243.1x - 10631
R2 = 0.9607
Where y is in ns, x is the Day of Year and R2 is the quality of the fit
(very good).

The first derivative (after dividing by 86400) gives:
Offset = -3E-14 * X + 243
i.e. minus 3E-14 per day.

I'll keep watching and post from time to time, maybe this will stabilize???

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke, N6GCE

--
w/Java http://www.PRC68.com