[time-nuts] 2100f lcd display

george george_margetts at nss.net
Tue Apr 26 15:34:31 EDT 2005

I didn't have the guts to pry out the large lcd display on the austron
2100.  But I now realize the problem with its display.

Whats happening is noise from the ttl logic is falsely gating the cmos
lcd drivers.  This is a common engineering mistake when interfacing ttl
to cmos logic.  The recommended fix is to use an HCT part (74HCT240) as
a bridge between logic types. Also I believe pullup resistors were
another recomendation for interfacing ttl to cmos.

Anyway I will keep the net advised as I eliminate noise in the austron
2100 display.