[time-nuts] Rescuing the Huygens Probe with VLBI

Tom Van Baak tvb at leapsecond.com
Thu Aug 4 19:14:21 EDT 2005

Tom,

Thanks much for the link. I read about the probe
years ago because it had a very clever use for an
USO (ultra stable oscillator).

See also a great set of papers at:

Planetary Probe Atmospheric Entry and Descent Trajectory Analysis and
Science
http://www.mrc.uidaho.edu/entryws/full/programme_detailed.html

including these two:

Ultra-Stable Oscillators for Radio Science Investigations on Planetary Entry
Probes
http://www.mrc.uidaho.edu/entryws/presentations/Papers/Asmar.pdf

VLBI Tracking of the Huygens Probe in the Atmosphere of Titan
http://www.mrc.uidaho.edu/entryws/presentations/Papers/Pogrebenko.pdf

/tvb