[time-nuts] HP CBT Cutaway?

Richard (Rick) Karlquist (N6RK) richard at karlquist.com
Fri Aug 19 19:28:35 EDT 2005

When I was at HP, I remember they used to
cut the ends off the case by mounting it in
a lathe and turning down the seam where
the end cap attaches to the center section.
This was to rebuild tubes that didn't work
as built.  (NOT to rebuild used tubes).  Seemed
like Norm in the machine shop spent a lot of his time
cutting apart tubes.  I suggest that you
should do this first, and then you can see into
the tube and it should be obvious where you can
cutaway the center section without damaging the
working parts.  Don't get any loose pieces of steel
near the magnets!

Rick Karlquist N6RK