[time-nuts] Re: Low cost synchronization, kitchen appliances

Brian Kirby kirbybq at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 21 16:12:08 EDT 2005

I run a LynxOne sound card.  It has clock in and out (75 ohms- TTL).
The clock can be 25 Khz to 27 Mhz.  In its control software, it can use
a 13.5 Mhz video dot clock, a 27 Mhz video dot clock, a word clock or a
X256 word clock.

I had considered using a synthesizer to locked up the sound card to the
rubidium during the ARRL frequency test back a few years ago.  I worked
out everything in advance.  I had a heart attack about 2 hours before
the contest - so I never got to work the contest...

I did not buy the card for the clock capability.  It was bought because
it could handle 24 bit resolution and had digital and analog ins/outs.
You can also use multiple cards and the way they slave them, is via the
clock.

Brian N4FMN