[time-nuts] Re: Accuracy of a sound card

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Tue Aug 23 10:14:55 EDT 2005

Alberto di Bene wrote:

>>  P.S. Let me please test how this reflector behaves when sending HTML
>>  messages... I have noticed a strange behavior in the past... it
>>  insists on reformatting
>>  the HTML message at its will...
>>  Here following there should be an image... let's see if it shows up
>>

> Yes, the original formatting of the message has been completely changed...
> and the embedded picture has been changed into an attachment...
> is this done on purpose, or something is broken with the reflector ?
>
> 73  Alberto  I2PHD

Hi Alberto --

The list is set to convert HTML to plain text.  That's what Mailman
defaults to on setup, but I pretty strongly agree with that approach, so
left it as is.  Images should come through as attachments as long as
they have a "safe" (non-executable) extension and don't exceed the
maximum allowed size (I don't remember for sure, but I think its 100kb).

John