AW: [time-nuts] Re: Accuracy of a sound card

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Tue Aug 23 13:42:53 EDT 2005

Alberto,

> I don't know the reason, but my suspect is that there is just
> one ADC, multiplexed between the left and the right channels,
> hence the time skew between them.

There may be some cards out there, that do it that way. But if you look
at the specs of the better adcs used on sound cards (Burr Brown for
example) you will see, that there are indeed two independand adcs in the
chip for the left and the right channel, clocked by the same source.
Nevertheless, thanks for pointing at that topic. As it turnes out, the
(semi)professional sound cards are better suited for this plan for some
other reasons too.

73's and my best regards
Ulrich Bangert