[time-nuts] GOES Simulator

Tom Van Baak tvb at leapsecond.com
Fri Dec 9 00:45:17 EST 2005

Bill,

There is a Truetime G2G (GPS to GOES) which is a GPS
antenna plus digital and RF circuitry that re-generates
enough of a GOES signal that a 468-DC thinks it has
locked on to the East satellite carrier and extracts the
time code bits.

But, I agree about trashing the receivers. One of these
days someone will post an easy PIC or Atmel-based
hack that allows them to be general purpose clock
displays. It can't be that hard. But no one has done it
yet that I know of.

/tvb