[time-nuts] Happy Leap Second!

Mike Nolan nolan at naic.edu
Sat Dec 31 20:55:11 EST 2005

Our stratum-1s are mostly tied to an IRIG and / or 1-PPS derived
from an H-maser. The timecode generator is set to local time (I have
refclock_irig.c hacked to get back to UTC). The stratum-1s have declared
the irig insane, but are still following the 1-PPS with no apparent
problems (even where they get the time from it initially). They all still
show the leap bit set, but hopefully that will work itself out in time.

If they had not followed the leap, or gotten confused, the whole thing
would have reset to local time.

The M-12+ Oncore seems to have behaved itself too, but I didn't record
raw data.

-Mike

Mike Nolan +1 787 878 2612x334 Fax: +1 787 878 1861 nolan at naic.edu
Arecibo Observatory, HC 3 Box 53995, Arecibo, Puerto Rico 00612 USA