[time-nuts] Z3816a and newbie questions

Doug Hogarth doug at niceties.com
Sun Jan 9 16:13:53 EST 2005

> I added a guesstimate for cable delay on my unit. Am I correct that
> these delays will have no affect on 10 MHz accuracy, and only matters if
> accurate time is important?

That's correct.  Try to make sure there is no impedence mismatch on your
cable/splitter/connectors, that your antenna location avoids as much
multipath as possible, and work on your antenna coordinates (including
height) if you haven't already (by averaging - of course I'm assuming that
the Z3816 lets you input such antenna coordinates).  At some level you could
also start thinking about anything that might have temperature coefficient
in equipment or cable, etc.