[time-nuts] hp5061A questions

Dave Carlson dgcarlson at sprynet.com
Wed Jun 1 19:39:44 EDT 2005

I agree with Chuck.

Also keep in mind that not only does the A4 perform the function of
matching the internal CBT microwave cavity with the outside world with a
high degree of temperature compensation, the input side of the A4 used a SRD
to generate a hash of sidebands from the input 90 MHz, from which one and
only one sideband was selected. thus the name "Harmonic Generator".

It's a fascinating piece of machined metal and electronics, and is a
conversation piece when employed as a paperweight.

Dave Carlson