[time-nuts] HP5372A screen-dumps

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Tue Jun 14 18:25:08 EDT 2005

From: "Dr. David Kirkby" <drkirkby at medphys.ucl.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] HP5372A screen-dumps
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:23:21 +0100

David,

> Is there enough people who own a manual that could scan a section of it?

I have fairly good copies of the User Manual, Programmers Manual and the
Option 40 Users Manual. It would take some time to scan, but it is doable.

> Perhaps someone with an A3 or larger scanner doing any pullout pages?

There are only a few of those. If worse comes to worse, I copy them down in
size and scan the resulting A4s.

> Having scanned the HP 5370B manual
>
> http://www.g8wrb.org.uk/useful-stuff/time/HP-5370B/
>
> I know its a lot of work to do a complete manual with a small scanner, but if
> several could be persuaded to do a bit, a electronic manual could be
> produced.

It is indeed alot of work. It's not first up on my current list of things to
do.

> If the scanning was restricted to user sections, and not service sections,
> the page count should be a lot smaller and so the work a lot less.

The HP5372A manuals doesn't work like on the classic counters.

> This seems a logical way of producing electronic copies of manuals.
>
> I know Agilent intend doing this, but you could wait a long time. I get the
> feeling this is not going to happen very soon.

More to the point, will they do Service Manuals? Will we have the EPROM dumps
and OS discs?

Cheers,
Magnus