[time-nuts] FE-70E

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Mon Jun 20 11:12:25 EDT 2005


Those are a triaxial variation on the BNC connector.  They are fairly
common in the measurement world.  A couple of examples that come to
mind are the HP3438A, and the Keithley 616 Electrometer.

They are quite expensive, and tricky to wire up.


Mike Feher wrote:
> Well, since I have not received any replies to my post, I figured I would
> reply to it :). Actually I just want to share some more information and
> inquire a bit. I figured out that the unit operates on 24 VDC based on the
> front panel lights. So far so good. The problem is the connectors. I do not
> believe that in my 50 years of being involved in electronics that I have not
> seen any like these before, but, I do not believe I have. Of course my
> memory is probably getting worse with the years rather than better. On an
> initial look the connectors appear to be BNCs, but they are far from it.
> Besides having the attributes I described in my initial post I noticed that
> instead of having the two typical bayonet type slots like a BNC, these have
> three. So, there are three posts on the sides of the sockets requiring three
> slots in the plugs. Has any one ever come across any of these? What are they
> even called? I really believe that for what I have in mind the isolation
> will be of little consequence, so, more than likely I will just change out
> the connectors. Again, another project. The nice thing is there is room in
> the unit for a power supply and a Rubidium so it will make a nice lab unit.
> Still need to check the frequency response as well. Regards - Mike 
> Mike B. Feher, N4FS
> 89 Arnold Blvd.
> Howell, NJ, 07731
> 732-886-5960

More information about the time-nuts mailing list