[time-nuts] FW: Plugs on the FE 70E

David Forbes dforbes at dakotacom.net
Mon Jun 20 13:15:23 EDT 2005

Mike Feher wrote:

>>Regardless, like I said, this looks like it is going to be a project of
>>changing out all of the connectors. Attached are a couple of quickly taken
>>photos, reduced in resolution for quick access. One shows part of the rear
>>of the distribution amp whit the female sockets and the other the male end
>>of a terminating connector that came with the set. Seems everything I get on
>>ebay turns into a project. I have seen isolated BNCs before, like on
>>Tektronix scopes, but these are new to me. But who knows, if I look hard
>>enough in the basement I just may find a bunch of mating sockets. Thanks

Mike,

These triax connectors are made by Trompeter, which was revealed by a
bit of ebay searching. Here's the catalog:

http://www.trompeter.com/assets/product/PDF/T21-Military_Aero.pdf

They describe the history of the connectors in the PDF, if you're
interested. It has a lot to do with MIL 1553B stuff.

PS Pasternack has an amusing reputation around our telescopes - their
SMA adapters fall apart when looked at sideways, so we generally just
toss 'em when we run into them.

PPS Look at the Pasternack website with any browser but IE, and the
text in the menus doesn't render at all! It's impossible to navigate
their site with Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox, Safari, etc.