[time-nuts] Help with my HP107 crystal oscillator...

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Sat Mar 5 22:02:13 EST 2005

Hi gang!

The time has come to repair my HP107 crystal oscillator.  It
has drifted out of range, and the course frequency adjustment
has frozen up inside.

So...

Does anybody have any experience with disassembling HP107 oven
units?

So far, it has been a real piece of work...  I can't be sure when
I should yank, and when I should tread softly.  It sure wouldn't have
hurted much if HP would have provided instructions for disassembly
of the oven unit, but I guess they thought that would be too hard
for mere mortals.

I cannot imagine why they gave us the schematic of the innards
if they weren't expecting that some day  we might need to
explore that region.

Thanks!

-Chuck Harris