[time-nuts] Strange effect with C-Field change

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Thu Mar 24 17:32:59 EST 2005

All --

Thanks for all the comments.  It must be a slow afternoon/evening!!!

You've given me several things to check out.  In addition, as I was
looking at the hardware in the basement I now have a suspicion that it
might be a cable problem, specifically in the cable that goes from the
5061A PPS output to the TIC input; that cable might have moved when Jody
opened the control panel door on the standard and if it was marginally
faulty, it could create a transient.  A transient lasting several hours
is a bit odd, but who knows...

I want to keep things in stable state for another day or two to get my
offset value at this C-field setting, and then I'm going to test both
the cable, and the other hypotheses you all have suggested.

Thanks,

John