[time-nuts] Could someone scan 5 pages from 5370B manual?

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Sun May 1 20:24:37 EDT 2005

I'm asking if someone can scan about 5 pages from the 5370B manual for
me (Preferably October 1995 edition, but see note under 'PS' at the end
if you have another edition).

Poul-Henning Kamp has kindly loaned me the manual for the 5370B time
interval counter, which is HP part number 05370 dated October 1995.

Unfortunately, the example programs are missing. Whilst there is a copy
of the programming section on the web (forget where I found it, but its
15 pages in length), and I have temparily at

http://www.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/~drkirkby/programming_pages.pdf

this is:

a) Not great quality.

b) NOT from the same edition of the manual. There ARE differences in
this programming section. Whether the differences are significant or not
I do not know, as I don't have the pages from the October manual to
compare against. But the programming pages in Paul's manual do show
slight differences from those in the above link.

If possible, I would like to obtain any pages (I think there is about 5)
in the October 1995 user/service manual between page 3-24 and 4-1,
exclusive see -
http://www.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/~drkirkby/5370B-missing-section.pdf

So I do NOT need page 3-24, and I do NOT need 4-1, but I DO need any
between them. I'm guessing these are the example programs, and around 5
pages.

If someone could scan them, I would appreciate it.

I have so far done the scans at 600 dpi, and saved as uncompressed TIFF
files, which is producing nice quality pages, but perhaps a bit too
large. I will perhaps save the PDF at about half that, as otherwise it
will be large.

If you can put scans on a web server, that is great. Or I can give you
ssh access to a server where you can upload them directly. Sorry, I
don't have any ftp servers.

I have now scanned 271 pages from the manual - which is about 90% of the
work done. I've spent all Friday evening, all Saturday, all Sunday and
it's now 1 am on Monday and I have still not finished. This is the first
(and last) time I scan an HP manual on an A4 scanner.

Anyway, we should soon have a 5370B manual in electronic form.

PLEASE REPLY BY PRIVATE EMAIL.

PS.
If you have another edition of the manual, and page 3-24 looks *exactly*
like that at

http://www.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/~drkirkby/5370B-missing-section.pdf

then it would most likely be of some use, as clearly the 'programming
section' pages on the web show a difference on page 3-24, at the bottom
where the notes are. The notes are the same, but the formatting is a bit
different. Or if you can do a better quality scan of the pages, that
would be helpful.

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
G8WRB