[time-nuts] Having fun with LORSTA list and google maps

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sun May 8 13:43:34 EDT 2005

Hi Poul:

Google is getting the images from Digital Globe.  On their web site they
have examples of 0.61 meter resolution monochrome and 2.44 meter multi
spectral photos and the example I recognize as Moffett Field in Mountain
  View, California.  In the lower left corner is the big Ames wind
tunnel and the lower right is part of the San Francisco bay.
http://www.digitalglobe.com/images/quickbird/sunnyvale_ms.jpg (multi
spectral)
http://www.digitalglobe.com/images/quickbird/sunnyvale_pan.jpg
(panchromatic)  You can see a number of wind tunnels that are in the
form of a race track.  The largest tunnel also has a funnel input where
they can test full size planes at lower speeds.  It's in that tunnel
that someone left a tool box that did a huge amount of damage when the
tunnel was started.  You can hear the big one all over the valley when
it's running, usually on a Sunday afternoon when there's excess electricity.

Just above and the the left out of the frame is the Sunnyvale "Blue
Cube" Air Force base where the space satellites are controlled.

Have Fun,

Brooke

--
w/Java http://www.PRC68.com