[time-nuts] Question concerning failure and value of HP 5371A

Arnold Tibus Arnold.Tibus at gmx.de
Sat Oct 15 19:58:22 EDT 2005

Hi Had,
nice to hear from you.
In short, I was not lucky bidding for the time interval counter.
I have already some counters eg. the 5345A and an EIP 548.
I was looking to complete my measurement equipment with
a high resolution time interval counter for the evaluation of
reference oscillators.

I am a very intersted newby in this (for me) new extended area.
You are right, most interesting equipment I see on the north american
continent, but then comes the big barrier reef between our countries:
the shipment expenses and on top VAT and often customs.
That mean a few hundred dollars more :-O , :-(

I will not give up and keep watching.
(In general we are not unlucky!)

Best greetings from Salem,

Arnold