[time-nuts] DC Voltage Ramp?

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sun Sep 4 14:26:50 EDT 2005

Hi Tom & Robert:

I think what this is saying is that if the control voltage to the OCXO
is fixed, then during the 10,000 (or more) seconds needed for GPS the
OCXO has drifted about 5E-11/day * 10,000/86400 = 6E-12 seconds which
exceeds what we are trying to accomplish.

BUT, if instead of using a fixed control voltage, a Ramp is used then
this will not happen.  Now instead of using GPS to control a fixed
voltage it's used to control the slope of the ramp.

What am I missing?

Brooke

--
w/Java http://www.PRC68.com
w/o Java http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/PRC68COM.shtml

Tom Van Baak wrote:

. . . >>With a one-way code receiver, the best stability you can get out
of GPS is