[time-nuts] Distribution Amp

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Sat Sep 24 16:01:00 EDT 2005

Bill -

This thing does have 18 outputs, so yes, I did mean one piece of equipment
per one/each output. I do not know how that could have been misconstrued.
Since I was talking about frequency the simultaneous fits as I indicated
that a constant phase shift between outputs, to me is not relevant. If I was
using it for a timing reference then I would be more cautious. I am well
aware of mismatches occurring due to paralleling 50 ohm inputs or outputs.
My post was not intended to bring out an academic and non relevant debate. I
simply wanted to alert potential customers for a distribution amplifier to
this one which seemed pretty cheap for what it does. Since it is for HDTV, I
expect that all inputs and outputs are probably 75 ohms. That would explain
the loss I was observing as I was using a 50 ohm instrument to measure the
output power. I can live with the 1.5 to 1 VSWR at 10 MHz just fine. I
wonder if you even looked at the URL, or did you just start your negativism
out of habit. - Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS
89 Arnold Blvd.
Howell, NJ, 07731