[time-nuts] Spectracom 8140T distribution amps

Tom Van Baak tvb at leapsecond.com
Sat Apr 22 13:47:14 EDT 2006

> Anyway, I'm just wondering how many of these amps I can string together;
> right now I have 8 and it seems to work OK but I'm not sure if I'm
> stretching things.

Forget the spec, whatever it is. How about actually
measuring what happens to the quality of the signal
when you add the N+1st tap? Were these taps meant
for precision work? And is that quartz precision (1e-9)
or cesium precision (1e-12)?

I wonder if the 1/Nth extra drain on the RF/12V coax
will cause a slight phase shift for all existing taps on
the line?

Do you have a 5370B free for a quick phase test?

/tvb