[time-nuts] Spectracom 8140T distribution amps

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sat Apr 22 15:58:46 EDT 2006

Bill Janssen said the following on 04/22/2006 01:33 PM:

> You might try spectracom for info on that distribution amplifier. I
> included a URL that you can try.
> I didn't read the info so you may have to contact Spectracom for
> additional info.
>
> http://www.spectracomcorp.com/Home/Products/TimeandFrequencyDistribution/8140FrequencyDistributionSystem/tabid/133/Default.aspx
>
> At one time many years ago I was a satisfied customer.

Thanks, Bill.  They have both specs and the manual on-line; nice of them.

The spec sheet says that one 8140 box can drive up to 25 taps, but the
8140 has 4 output lines.

The specs also say phase noise is typically <-130dBc/Hz at 1kHz; that's
10dB worse than the spec for the 5061A or 5065A.  For my application,
that's good enough (I mainly use the taps for a few pieces of gear that
won't accept 5MHz input; the good stuff is fed from a 5087A distribution
amp at 5MHz).

John