[time-nuts] Clarification of purpose of trace in PCB board

xaos xaos at arachne.darksmile.net
Thu Aug 3 17:47:16 EDT 2006

Hello everyone,

In my daily eBay search for (gps*, distrib*)

I found item: 330012701666
http://cgi.ebay.com/Distribution-Amplifier-6-Way-Output-MWT-Powered-Divider_W0QQitemZ330012701666QQihZ014QQcategoryZ25392QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

which is an 806-849 MHz Distribution amplifier.

When I looked at the JPEG:

http://www.ridgeequipment.com/images/6-way-amp-0213.jpg

I was a bit confused as the the purpose of the
large circular trace which held a "snake" like
trace within it.

At first glance, it seemed that the circular trace was connected
at both ands to the "snake" trace but there is a resistor
there.

So it seems that the "snake" like trace should be the
same length of the semi-circle to match the phase.

My question is: why would there be a resistor there?

Why have the two semi-circular ends connected in such a way?

Regards,

George Hrysanthopoulos, N2FGX