[time-nuts] GPS SPD field

Randy Warner Randy at synergy-gps.com
Tue Aug 8 20:27:00 EDT 2006

Said,

Yeah, that sounds about right. Whatever it is, it's WAAAY down in the
noise, but it sure LOOKS good on a data sheet.

I had a similar problem several years ago where we were in danger of
losing a sale because the competing receiver (Raytheon Marine) was "so
much more stable" according to the customer. He was absolutely right. Of
course, if you put the unit in a dragster and ran a 6 second 1/4 mile
the GPS still thought it was looking at the Christmas Tree lights at the
starting line when you were finished and putting the dragster back in
the trailer... It was so heavily filtered it almost behaved like it was
in position hold mode.

Randy