[time-nuts] Philips PLL

Randy Warner Randy at synergy-gps.com
Wed Aug 9 11:43:04 EDT 2006

 Said/Didier,

There just must be something special about Philip's PLL designs. Way
back when when I was working in the underwater world we used a small
underwater range finder (sonar) that used the Philips 4046 PLL. The
Philips part was the ONLY 4046 that would meet the range and jitter
specs. We used other parts if we needed to test something and weren't
too concerned about accuracy, but none of those sonars ever SHIPPED
without the Philips part inside.

Randy