[time-nuts] GPS Distribution amplifier

xaos xaos at darksmile.net
Mon Aug 14 16:15:23 EDT 2006

I gotta say this about eBay, if you wait long enough you
will get what you want.

Specifically, I bought 2, 8-way splitters for $100.00 each from The
Tucker store.
Both had the power connector which was a SMC connector (I believe).
Takes 5Volts to make it run even though the markings indicate that
the power could also come from port 1.

So you think that having 16 devices might be too much? Well guess again,
I am on the lookout for another.

There is one guy selling a 2-way and a 4 way for $$$$$.

My advice: wait a bit.

Can't wait? a passive splitter will do fine.

Make sure it passes DC. Your antenna will need it.
Pass the DC from one port and block it from all others.

Regards,

George Hrysanthopoulos, N2FGX