[time-nuts] new HP GPS amplifiers and antennas

Jeffrey Pawlan jpawlan at pawlan.com
Mon Aug 14 16:35:14 EDT 2006

I have a few absolutely brand new HP GPS distribution amplifiers and also some
antennas. I was going to take them to the EME conference in Germany next week.
I will include the decriptions below but won't send the photos to the entire
list. If you want photos, send me an email. Prices I set are really low but are
in euros and I prefer to not bother with shipping.

Either attendees or you can buy these if you want.  Please let me know if they
are interesting. I have around 3-5 of each of these 4 items. They are new and in
their original HP box along with the instruction sheets. Please let me know soon
as I will also offer them to Alberto's friends in Italy. I am not certain how
many I will fit in my suitcases so I can't give you exact numbers.

I MUST know by this Sunday as I will NOT have any email while I am travelling.

PHOTOS ARE ATTACHED in a zip file

1.  HP58504A GPS antenna. This is a rugged FLAT TOP antenna including a mast
mount adapter. The connector is type TNC. It requires 4.5 to 5.0vdc @32mA.
1575.42MHz >30dBi RHCP,  NF 1.5dB.  This has excellent coverage of the entire
sky and provides very accurate position and time data. I am asking 70euros

2. HP58532A GPS antenna. This is a rugged CONE TOP antenna including a mast
mount adapter. The connector is type N. It requires 4.5 to 5.0vdc @20mA.
1575.42MHz >30dBi RHCP,  NF 1.8dB typ, 2.2 max. This is highly desired here as
it is very rugged. On ebay they usually go for $120USD minimum.  80euros

3. HP58516A GPS L1 Distribution amplifier.  Actually this is a 4 port isolated
splitter with an internal amplifer that makes up the loss of the splitter. So
the overall gain is around 0dB to each port.It is powered by the 5v on the coax.
This is new but the mounting bracket is not in any of the boxes. 30euros

4. HP58512A GPS Distribution amplifier. This is a 2-way splitter with an
amplifier. the overall gain is 3dB typ. It is powered by the 5v on the coax.
This is new but the mounting bracket is not in any of the boxes. 30euros

73,

Jeffrey Pawlan, WA6KBL