[time-nuts] Shopping list

John Day johnday at wordsnimages.com
Tue Aug 22 00:21:31 EDT 2006

At 11:48 PM 8/21/2006, you wrote:
>On the HP J06-59992A Time Interval Calibrator, have
>either of you opened it and taken a look inside? It's
>quite simple.

No, it's been sitting in my basement unused for, oh don't ask how long!

>The digital half is a generic GPIB board. The RF half
>is just a couple of MCL splitters and TO5 RF relays.
>I'll look for my manual if no one else has one handy.
>But you can trace the RF path in a few minutes...
>
>Now I have a question for any HP old-timers our there.
>What's with the H05 and J06 and K20-looking prefixes
>that we see from time to time on special-purpose HP
>gear? And for extra credit, what the magic "59992A"
>part number? This shows up in more places than this
>calibrator.

I must admit I never asked this one. But I do recall seeing 59992A
model numbers in a number of systems that I used to use from HP.

J06 - Time interval calibrator
K10 - battery backup
K38 - video amplifier
K87 - a video amp plug-in for the 5345A

The H06-59992A calibrator is called out as recently as the
53131A/53132A counters in the calibration procedure.

John