[time-nuts] Shopping list

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Tue Aug 22 05:06:47 EDT 2006

From: "Tom Van Baak" <tvb at leapsecond.com>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Shopping list
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 20:48:28 -0700

> On the HP J06-59992A Time Interval Calibrator, have
> either of you opened it and taken a look inside? It's
> quite simple.

I haven't had the time. By definition it is broken until opened and one has had
a lookaround. :->

> The digital half is a generic GPIB board. The RF half
> is just a couple of MCL splitters and TO5 RF relays.
> I'll look for my manual if no one else has one handy.
> But you can trace the RF path in a few minutes...

Yes, that part I do know. The overview block schematic in the patent is
sufficiently detailed, they only left out the details of the GPIB board.

I'd really appreachiate a copy of the manual, or for that matter a high quality
scan.

> Now I have a question for any HP old-timers our there.
> What's with the H05 and J06 and K20-looking prefixes
> that we see from time to time on special-purpose HP
> gear? And for extra credit, what the magic "59992A"
> part number? This shows up in more places than this
> calibrator.

59992A seems to be almost of an arbitrary number for some auxillary product
(box in its own right - not insert option).

Cheers,
Magnus