[time-nuts] FTS 4050/S24 -> FTS 4050

Christopher Hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Sun Aug 27 21:17:00 EDT 2006

Woohoo!

I was able to "undo" option /S24 on my FTS 4050.  I now have 1 MHz out,
5 MHz out, 10 MHz out, 1 PPS out, and 1 PPS sync and sync enable.
Before I only had two 1 MHz outputs.

The 5 MHz out and 1 PPS outputs were as simple as coax and connectors.
Fortunately I had some SMA to BNC cable assemblies that were of the
perfect length.

The 1 PPS sync requires some coax, connectors, and a push button; it is
nearly trivial.

The 10MHz output required some work on the divider/multiplier assembly.
The Mini-circuts doubler is already on the board.   Restoring the 10 MHz
outputs involves removing a jumper, replacing several L's and C's
according to the schematic/parts list, and then doing the selection of a
few C's for tuning.

I believe there's a /S24 option to the FTS 4060 as well.  It probably
isn't too hard to "undo" /S24 on the FTS 4060, too.

-ch