[time-nuts] Time syncing question

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Mon Aug 28 21:54:39 EDT 2006

OK, I assumed the operation was initiated by the phone system, but I
believe you mean that the time can be set by sending a command via the
serial port (for instance, or via ethernet) from a computer or a serial
terminal.

In that case, running a cron job on an NTP connected computer that would
update the clock periodically would probably be the best way. That's a
thing Linux does very well. How accurate and precise do you need the
time stamp to be? I assume time resolution is probably one second, so
you do not need more accuracy than that between updates. How much if the
current RTC drifting?

Didier