[time-nuts] 10811D's on eBay

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Wed Dec 6 20:12:05 EST 2006

I was about to mention, but you beat me to it...

I've just finished modifying a stack of Soekris net4501s using
Poul-Henning's hardware mods and his nanoBSD configuration that runs
from flash card.  Details on the hardware mods are at
http://www.febo.com/time-freq/ntp/soekris/index.html.  I still need to
do some work on the page, but it seems to accurately describe how to
enable the high-resolution timer.

I've also used my Clock-Block clock synthesizer
(http://www.tapr.org/kits_clock-block.html) to replace the onboard
oscillator in the net4501.  Mine are all clocked from one of the 5061A
cesiums, and get their PPS signals from various time sources in the lab.

The data is still very new because some of the servers have only been
running for a short time, but I have ntp performance plots of these
boxes at http://www.febo.com/time-freq/ntp/stats/index.html.

John
----