[time-nuts] Odetics 325: Replacing receiver...?

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Sun Dec 10 15:19:45 EST 2006

Hi, Doug,

On 10-Dec-06 at 11:34 Doug Millar wrote:

>\\
>

>Hi Bruce,
>         I have two of the units, but have never had anything but
>reset problems. Both are standard GPS receivers , not down
>converters. Do you have a manual? I actually have one but it doesn't
>say much about the receiver interface, however I can look for you.

	I would appreciate it if you could, yes. I would also appreciate it if you could look inside one of your units, when you get a minute, and tell me if it's using the same Magellan OEM module for its receiver.

	Also, which antenna works best for you with these boxes?

	FWIW: When I get some spare time, I'm going to monitor the RS232 data pipe between receiver and MPU, and see if it really is speaking NMEA sentences.

	Thanks much.

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
kyrrin (at) bluefeathertech do/t c=o=m
"If Salvador Dali had owned a computer, would it have been equipped with surreal ports?"