[time-nuts] motorola oncore descriptions

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Wed Dec 13 12:05:29 EST 2006

> Now, about the Rockwell Jupiter 8 boards...
>
> The TU30D140 is 5V powered (Antenna can be passive, 5V or 12V)
> The TU30D160 is 3.3V powered (Antenna can be passive, 5V or 12V)
>
> Both boards have 10 KHz output. That's about it...

Maybe I should clarify that one statement. I didn't mean they only have
10KHz outputs, I just meant that about it for your question. They also have
a 1PPS output.

With the 10KHz output you can build a poor man's GPS stabilized oscillator
like here:

http://www.jrmiller.demon.co.uk/projects/ministd/frqstd.htm

I actually just got in the parts for to build one of these the other day,
probably going to try and assemble today. I'm using a Millren 5MHz VC OCXO
that I got a while back. The advantage to the above design is the simplicity
(and cost).