[time-nuts] RE Lucent RFG-RB Info

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Thu Dec 14 11:53:08 EST 2006

I got a reply from FEI, and here is what he said about those RFG-RB units...

They use a special FE-5680A. (Don't ask me what is special about them, he
did not say.)

The physics package is designed to last 20 years.

He sent me a PDF that was 820k, the one linked below appears to have the
same info, but it's a larger file size?

http://www.freqelec.com/pdf/12pager.pdf

So I would assume these were built / used in the mid 90's... Should have at
least another 10 years left in them maybe, if they were ran 24/7. But I
think they were used for emergency / temporary cell sites, so they might not
have been used much at all.

The RFG-RB units are listed on eBay if you search WP-92066 with a BIN price
of $130. Someone posted the pinout for them somewhere in the archive here,
essentially just uses +24V on some of the DB9 pins.

If anyone buys one, open it up and take some pictures. :)

Jason