[time-nuts] LPRO-101 with Brooks Shera's GPS locking circuit

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Fri Dec 15 14:35:31 EST 2006

Hi Ulrich:

I think the answer is what other low cost options are available?  I
would like to have a more modern TIC capability to add to the clock I'm
working on.  But although there's been a lot of discussion about
different ways of making TIC measurements, it's not clear to me how to
do it on a budget.

For example the TIC232 circuit by Richard H McCorkle is easy to
implement, but how good is it's noise floor.  See:
http://www.piclist.com/techref/member/RHM-SSS-SC4/TIC232.htm

Then there's the low cost frequency counting TIC that appeared in QEX
that we know trades performance for low cost so it's not a candidate.

Any ideas on what circuits have a noise floor that's compatible with the
M12+T or it's newer equivalents and at the same time are in the low cost
category?

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke

w/Java http://www.PRC68.com