[time-nuts] Time standards

Rob Kimberley time.bandit at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 16 03:26:09 EST 2006

Hi Paul,

1) Why not consider using GPS? Much more accurate, available globally, and
you can get hardware fairly cheaply on EBay from the likes of Datum,
TrueTime and others. You can of course consider building your own, using the
excellent resources of this group.

2) If the clock was bought in Europe (I'm assuming mainland Europe) then
probably used the DCF-77 signal from Germany.  DCF-77 transmits on 77.5 KHz.
The UK one - MSF transmits on 60 KHz. The code formats are however
different. Meinberg in Germany www.meinberg.de/english produce a DCF-77
simulator which is available as a plug in to their GPS products. See
http://www.meinberg.de/english/products/sim77p.htm for more information.
They don't have an online manual for this product, but more information on
DCF-77 is on the web site at http://www.meinberg.de/english/info/dcf77.htm

Good luck.

Rob Kimberley