[time-nuts] iLotus M12M Timing receiver

Randy Warner Randy at synergy-gps.com
Mon Dec 18 11:53:48 EST 2006

Magnus,

The oscillator should not be moving too much as the M12M has a TCXO
instead of the crystals used on the earlier models. The TCXO is actually
much more stable under temperature changes, but it will react a little
to a step change such as putting your finger on it. It should drift off
a little and then come right back. We all wish that Motorola had seen
fit to enclose the RF components and TCXO under a shield can like most
everyone else does..... That's why we sell a lot of our industrial
customers shield cans. Another trick is to put a little chunk of foam
backed tape over either the crystal or TCXO.

The temp sensor on the M12M is non-functional as there is no sensor in
the new RF front end. Temp should always read 00.0.

Randy