[time-nuts] A Bunch Of Lucent RFTG-m-RB units on eBay ThisMorning!

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Thu Dec 21 09:50:51 EST 2006

Oh fudgknockers.... I could have sworn I saw RB models with the GPS antenna
inputs, but looking at the few pictures I can find, I think you are right.
Please don't burn me at the stake, at least not until after Christmas.

I sincerely apologize, I honestly thought they had the antenna input, but I
guess it was the RFTG XO that has it, and the RB ties into it. For the $130
BIN (before the raised the price), it seemed like a great deal even just for
the Rb unit.

It has a 1PPS label on the front, I do not know if it is an input or output.
I'm going to cross my fingers and hope it is an input.

The RB unit itself is a "special" FE-5680A and the life is 20 years. (That
is what the FEI guy said.) I know these Lucent modules were made for mobile
/ temporary / emergency cell sites, so they probably have not had much use.

http://www.freqelec.com/pdf/12pager.pdf

http://www.gillam-fei.be/products/pdf/others/rubidium/FEI%20-%205680A.pdf

I did also see this on eBay a while back, but I think the DDS is a special
option. Still good info to have on hand just incase:

eBay Item number: 160048938286 - $960
eBay Item number: 160062108623 - $515

Jason (Don't Kill Me) Rabel