[time-nuts] GPS orthodontics: sawteeth & hanging bridges-theeffect of time averaging

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Fri Dec 22 09:08:29 EST 2006

Tom,

lacking a Cesium or a Maser i can only perform such measurements INSIDE
the closed loop of my GPSDO. I do not remember whether an Rb or my
FTS1200 was used as the LO when this data was achieved, but as i tried
to make clear that should be of no real concern with a loop constant of
abt. 1200 s. Perhaps this is a good example that a lot of interesting
measurements can be done even without owning the real expensive
equipment.

You should be able to generate you exactly the same plots when you take
the SAW corrected data and the uncorrected data from the file that i
have sent you.

Best regards and a Merry Christmas for everyone in the group
Ulrich Bangert, DF6JB