[time-nuts] Some long-term data

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sat Dec 23 17:53:50 EST 2006

Magnus Danielson said the following on 12/23/2006 05:22 PM:

> Such as temperature and humidity. One of the Cesiums seemed to have a rather
> large frequency offset. Did you drift-compensate your ADEV measures or not?

No, I ran the ADEV in Stable32 without removing drift.  My understanding
is that linear drift shouldn't affect the calculation.  I was also a
little concerned whether drift removal would work very well given that
both Cesiums had periods where the offset changed for quite a long
period (CS1 near the end of the data, CS2 at the beginning) and I wasn't
sure what impact that might have.

> (Actually, if you hand me the raw data I would love to do some exercises on
> them.)

I'll be happy to ship the data to anyone who's interested.  Each file is
about 600kb before compression, and it compresses well.

John