Grant Hodgson grant at ghengineering.co.uk
Fri Dec 29 07:33:54 EST 2006

Stephan

--snip--

>> I prefer phase detectors which is more continous such as mixers, XOR or
>> S-R style phase detectors.
>
> In this case the phase detector is purely digital so I guess the loop filter
> could also be a purely digital IIR filter (or something?) I guess the only
> limitation is the frequency at which the digital system could run.

Going back through this thread, it seems you want to lock a 100MHz OCXO
to a 10MHz reference, which is itself disciplined to PPS.  By far the
easiest solution would be to discipline the 100MHz OCXO directly to the
PPS - this will have negligible impact on the OCXO's phase noise and is
a simple, reliable method - the Luis Cupido design will work very well
for example, and there are other designs.

regards

Grant