[time-nuts] 5061a tech question

sebastian stolp sebastianstolp at gmx.net
Wed Feb 8 10:29:49 EST 2006

hello chuck,
thank you for your mail - i went right into the shop for those 0,8 fuses.
the thing works properly (on the quartz for the time being), the cesium
has to be treated as the clock has been in a warehouse for years not being
used. i have to restore the vacuum first and i'm looking for the device to
do that. i believe it's the little hp degausser. sometimes one comes up on
ebay.

your'e still on my list to nag about the oscilloquartz 3210 thats in your
posession. if i can't tempt you moneywise, perhaps you might be interested
in a swap: i have a oscilloquartz/sercel eudics 3200 digital cesium
frequency standard with 3 manuals (on in english) and software.
maybe youre interested...

here's some introduction on what i do with the cesium equipment:

Sebastian Stolp.
A collection of high precision clocks

I started this collection in the late 1990s with a passion for the first
electronic clocks from Patek Philippe in scientific equipment 19’’ racks
and table cases. Equipment like this at the time provided exact time for
e.g. banks, insurance companies or train stations and airports worldwide.
These clocks are a breed apart from what the middle-of-the-road watch- or
clock collector would consider, or manage to get hold of. They were
already old-tech by the time cheap radio controlled devices were mass-
produced that could easily outperform the pateks on every level of
precision and synchronisation.
These early electronic Patek clocks are the founding part of the
collection, that has expanded since.

Today, the collection reaches into the field of rubidium- and cesium
frequency standards and clocks, such as Hewlett Packard early rubidiums
and cesiums,  the HP 5065a, and the HP 5061A/B
As it is a swiss collection it will also focus on swiss cesium frequency
standards from oscilloquartz, former Ebauches, Neuchatel. this includes
early models like the OSA 3200 and the OSA 3210, but also quartz standards
(OSA 2200), because they played a important role in meeting the
synchronisation requirements of the upcoming telecom industry of the early
1980ties.

best regards,
sebastian

If
> you get one lower, it can be quite a bit different from the one you
have.
> They made a LOT of revisions on these and quite a few different manuals.
>
> Chuck

DSL-Aktion wegen großer Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verlängert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl