[time-nuts] HP 00105 oscillator

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Sat Feb 11 09:25:16 EST 2006

Horst -

Well, have a good night rest. I did bring one of my oscillators upstairs,
into my lab. The oscillator that is not in pieces. Managed to get it to play
right away. Some of it is coming back to my memory and I believe there are
two ovens. One is a proportionately controlled oven run by the 24 volts, and
the other is a quick oven to get things up to temperature. I am convinced
that the two Teflon connectors are for the quick oven which is controlled by
a thermostat. I put 40 volts on mine and it only drew about 200 ma, but, it
automatically shut off after about 1/2 hour. So, it seems like it may be
working. I believe the terminal marked 15 Volts is a regulated output in
case you want to use it with the EFC inputs through an external multi-turn
potentiometer. The output marked "M" I believe is to monitor the oscillator
status. I tried to replicate the old HP 105 oscillator with my oscillator
assembly and had a meter and a 10 turn pot on the front panel along with a
meter selector switch. I'll try and find the old 105 manual, as I know I
have it someplace. Regards - Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS
89 Arnold Blvd.
Howell, NJ, 07731