[time-nuts] HP5372

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Mon Feb 20 03:13:20 EST 2006

From: Sam Reaves <sreaves at visuallink.com>
Subject: [time-nuts] HP5372
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 18:10:53 -0500

> Hello,
>
> I just acquired a HP5372A Frequency and Time Interval Analyzer.

Congratulations! I did the same thing some time back. ;O)

> When I power it up I get the following error:
>
> Error 160: Out of sensitivity cal.
>
> I am currently downloading the manuals but I'm sure that someone on
> time-nuts has seen this error and know what it takes to fix this.
>
> Any ideas folks?

No worries. You will have to replace the 3.6V backup battery on the CPU board.
Or to retrace the tought a little. It is easy enought to do the sensitivity
calibration. Just follow the manuals and be happy. However, each time you turn
your 5372 off I bet you loose it. Replacing the backup battery did the trick
for me. So, just replace it and do the full calibration run and you are all
set. It is really that trivial usually.

Cheers,
Magnus