[time-nuts] Thought experiment on a low cost timing board

Arnold Tibus Arnold.Tibus at gmx.de
Sun Feb 26 10:05:03 EST 2006

 Old message:
> Von: Alberto di Bene <dibene at usa.net>
> An: Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement
> <time-nuts at febo.com>
> Betreff: Re: [time-nuts] Thought experiment on a low cost timing board
> Datum: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 15:37:02 +0100
>
> Arnold Tibus wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately there is only the hex list of the pic code.

> > is there a way to get the commented source code of it?
> >

> I designed and implemented a couple of years ago a GPSDO along the
> conceptual lines of that of Brooks Shera, but with a different
> processor (an AVR ATmel AT90S8535) and using a 20 bit PWM instead
> of the DAC (difficult to obtain). It kept the OCXO disciplined
> in a few parts over 10^11, confirmed also by comparisons against
> a Z3801A.
>
> If you want the source code of my AVR program (assembly language)
> just ask.

Hi Alberto,

You would help me a lot with your informations you are willing to share
with me, yes I am interested!
As the tasks increases I got already some impressions
about the need to switch to another processor, but I did not
decide yet.
First of all I want to finish the nice project from Brooks Shera,
then I will continue.
I am not a good programmer, so I am not in the position to reinvent the
wheel.
Any help is therefore welcome.

I will need some time to do and finish the ideas I have in mind,
but I will keep you informed, if you are interested on.
Please use my e-mail address to send me the informations and files.

Are you perhaps not far located from the Alps?
On the 2m band using SSB I crossed sometimes the
Alps using only low power. I am located at the
Lake Constance.

Thank you very much,
gracias e saludos to Italia,
buen giorno, ciao