[time-nuts] Leap second report from New Paltz, New York

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Sun Jan 1 04:05:35 EST 2006

At 08:53 PM 12/31/2005 -0500, Dennis O'Keefe wrote:
>At one hour, 37 minutes into the post-leap second era, my Ultralink 333 WWVB
>clock has also still not made the change. It indicates that a leap second is
>pending at the end of the month and still had the -6 for difference to UT1.

Interesting.  When is the UT1 correction in the datastream supposed to update?

I've worked up a quick-n-dirty decoder and ran my captured WWVB stream
through it.  I'm seeing that the UT1 adjustment bits changed before the
leap second bit was turned off.

UT1 adjustment: -0.6s  (flags: 0100)
UT1 adjustment: -0.6s  (flags: 0100)
UT1 adjustment: 0.3s  (flags: 0100)
UT1 adjustment: 0.3s  (flags: 0100)
UT1 adjustment: 0.3s  (flags: 0000)
UT1 adjustment: 0.3s  (flags: 0000)
UT1 adjustment: 0.3s  (flags: 0000)
UT1 adjustment: 0.3s  (flags: 0000)
UT1 adjustment: 0.3s  (flags: 0000)
UT1 adjustment: 0.3s  (flags: 0000)

Does that seem at all correct, or should I check my code?

--
newell