[time-nuts] HP 8445B

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Wed Jan 4 19:43:43 EST 2006

These tunable YIG filters are going for practically nothing on ebay. While
they only go to 18 GHz they make an excellent filter to follow testing of an
LNA after the mixing process, for noise figure measurements, as an example.
After all it is that noise that makes our time and frequency measurements
questionable. I am surprised that they typically go for around $50 or less.
They are externally tunable with a voltage source that is proportional to
frequency. I bet a lot of you would be happy to own one. Regards - Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS
89 Arnold Blvd.
Howell, NJ, 07731
732-886-5960